Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Washington, Sunderland
Reports to: Director of Site Services
Enspec Power is an electrical engineering firm that specialises in Power Quality and Grid Connection. We act as both a consultant, providing a full suite of power system studies and a solution provider, designing, manufacturing, and commissioning mitigating solutions, including Harmonic Filtration, Reactive Compensation and Point-on-Wave Switching. We operate heavily within the renewables market, assisting power plants with power system study requirements needed for Grid Connection Agreements and mitigating solutions when needed.
As the industry continues to boom and power quality becomes an ever-important topic, paralleled by a business growth strategy and new service expansions, Enspec is looking for an ambitious full-time Field Engineer to carry out the commissioning of new equipment as well as the routine checks and maintenance on existing power quality equipment.
We are a leading electrical engineering firm specialising in power quality solutions for commercial and industrial applications. As experts in this field, we provide innovative and cost-effective solutions to many renewable developers, Balance of Plant Contractors, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, and large energy users including Datacentres, Manufacturers, Mines and Hospitals.
We are seeking a dedicated Field Service Engineer who will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of power quality equipment, as well as the commissioning of new equipment. The successful candidate will be required to travel extensively as part of the role. Our ideal candidate will be organised, have a strong attention to detail, with excellent written and spoken English skills. Experience in working with renewable energy farms is highly preferred.
- Undertake routine maintenance of electrical equipment and instrumentation in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule.
- Attending site independently as representative of the company to carry out necessary tasks.
- Running analysis and carrying out fault finding to detect and repair any electrical faults on equipment or instrumentation.
- Assist in producing the maintenance schedule for electrical equipment and instrumentation.
- Supervise external contractors and internal workers as required.
- Carry out all work within the agreed budgetary and time limits.
- Create Risk assessments and method statements per project.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with company safety rules and health and safety legislation.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with relevant regulatory and environmental standards.
- Write comprehensive maintenance and commissioning reports.
- Supporting in the training of future site engineers once established within the role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– UK Drivers License
– Level 3 in an electrical engineering discipline;
– An appropriate apprenticeship or training;
– At least 3 years’ experience in electrical maintenance work;
– Ability to read schematic drawings;
– An understanding of both LV and HV electrical systems;
– Ability to fault find in electrical power and control systems;
– Hold a relevant ECS card;
– An ability to work as part of a team.
– good written and spoken English
– attention to detail
– Capability to work independently
– Customer facing capability
Experience with Renewable Sites
About Enspec Power Ltd.
Enspec Power is a very down-to-earth culture that prizes good people, ambition, and handwork. Along with providing suggested training opportunities, Enspec is also happy to consider any training opportunities suggested by placement and employees who have their eye on specific skill development. Enspec understands the importance of team bonding and a “work hard, play hard” culture, going on many meals out with companywide parties which can take place across the country and sometimes abroad in places like America and various counties in Europe.
Working Hours, Salary, Holidays
Working days are Monday – Friday, 8am to 4:30pm Monday – Thursday and 8am to 1:30pm on Friday, with a half-hour lunch.
Holidays include 32 days, including bank holidays.
This is a full-time position with plenty of development and progression opportunities. Salary from £35,000 – £45,000 (based on experience). Company car to be provided.
If you are an ambitious and experienced Field Service Engineer, we would love to hear from you.