To apply, send in a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Job Title: Engineering Project Manager (Full-Time)
Starting Salary: £28,000-£38,000 per annum (based on experience).
Location: Washington, UK
Reports to: CTO, Director of Manufacturing, Director of Field Services, Director of Consultancy.
Enspec Power is a 24-year-old electrical engineering firm that specialises in Power Quality and Grid Connection, bringing expertise that is both niche and technical to a vast range of clients. With our HQ and consultancy team based out of St. Helens, Manufacturing site near Newcastle, and global operations, we offer necessary services and solutions to large energy generators (Wind Farms, Solar Farms, Hydro, Nuclear) and large energy users (Mines, Datacentres, Hospitals, Treatment Centres). While we have global scale, we’re a family run business and proud that our expertise plays a vital role in the Net-Zero and green energy revolution.
As the industry continues to boom and power quality becomes an ever-important topic, paralleled by a growing team of experts and overall operations, we’re looking for a detail orientated project manager to join our team, to assist with resource management and to provide next level communication and visualised reporting on resource for our internal stakeholders and clients. Enspec’s key project and service areas include Consultancy, Manufacturing and Field Services, so appreciation for the different considerations for each department is key.
- Manage internal and external project teams across a wide variety of projects, simultaneously, from scope definition through to project close-out and review.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Prepare and maintain project schedules, milestones, deliverables using Asana.
- Coordinate internal resources and vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage project risks, including the development of contingency plans.
- Verify the technical aspect of all project deliverables, ensuring they serve our clients’ requirements.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short- and long-term goals.
- Develop comprehensive project plans and Gantt Charts to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- Perform additional duties assigned by management to assist in the success of projects when necessary.
- Work with our direct reports and CEO in order to identify resource constraints to feed into asset and recruitment strategies for sustainable growth.
- To work with our Commercial department in order to look at sales projections and project workflows to identify any potential bottlenecks to be addressed earlier on.
- Regularly reporting updates on progression of projects, initiating actions to ensure projects go to plan and review of the projects to gain potential efficiencies for future projects.
- Ideal: A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
- PMP / PRINCE II certification (or equivalent)
- A-Level or equivalent
- Ideally, 5+ years of project management experience in the electrical engineering sector, with a history of success.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities.
- Proficient in the use of Asana project management software.
- The ability to work within a team and individually in an efficient manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the capability to address issues promptly and effectively.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite incl Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent knowledge of Asana.
- Experience of working and maintaining project management tasks on ERP Systems
- Self-motivator, with the desire to learn and progress
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Capability to working to budgets and timelines.
- Capability of working independently.
- Detail orientated
- Good people skills
- UK Driving License
- Right to work in the UK
About Enspec Power Ltd.
Enspec Power is a very down-to-earth culture that prizes good people, ambition, and handwork. Along with providing suggested training opportunities, Enspec is also happy to consider any training opportunities suggested by placement and employees who have their eye on specific skill development. Enspec understands the importance of team bonding and a “work hard, play hard” culture, going on many meals out with companywide parties which can take place across the country and sometimes abroad in places like America and various counties in Europe.
Working Hours, Salary, Holidays
- Working days are Monday – Friday, 8am to 4:30pm Monday – Thursday and 8am to 1:30pm on Friday, with a half-hour unpaid lunch.
- Holidays include 32 days, including bank holidays.
- This is a full-time position with plenty of development and progression opportunities. Salary from £28,000 – £38,000 (based on experience).
- If you are an organised and detail orientated person, with a passion for smooth business operations, then we would love to hear from you.
Interested candidates with the required skills are encouraged to apply. We value diversity and always treat all applicants and employees on the basis of merit.
Enspec Power Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.