Full-Time Senior Power Systems Consultant
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV to email@example.com quoting the job title as email subject. Or apply at: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3721302693/
– Steady-state studies such as load flow, fault level and reactive compensation
– Dynamic studies such as frequency and voltage stability
– Harmonic analysis / power quality / Filter design
– Transient over-voltage and insulation coordination simulation studies (switching/lightning)
– Earthing studies
– Protection coordination
– Grid connection support to onshore and offshore developers
– Solution component design and programming, particularly for harmonic filters and reactive compensation
A typical week would include:
Delivering consulting work related to the various types of power systems studies and analysis. Providing technical and project management leadership to support the project team in the successful delivery of consulting work.
Ensuring technical quality of delivery of power systems projects, reports, and proposals.
Building and maintaining key client relationships to effectively position power systems services and secure future business.
Leading the development and delivery of project proposals and identifying areas where services/skillsets can be integrated through multi-disciplinary working.
Lead on excellence in power systems software packages (e.g., DIgSILENT PowerFactory & PSCAD )
Qualifications and Requirements
– Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent
– Experience with Power Systems analysis
– Experience with power system software packages including DIgSILENT PowerFactory & PSCAD
– Experience in power systems consulting
– A network of industry contacts and clients
– Proactive and highly motivated to meet customer requirements
– A proven track record in project delivery
– Focus on quality, ensuring excellence of deliverables for both project reports and proposals and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often working on multiple projects/ proposals at any one time
– Great verbal and written communication
– Strong team working culture
– Customer-facing skills
– Analytical problem solver
– While this is a UK based role power quality understanding in international markets, particularly the USA, Australia, and Africa, is of benefit as we contribute to thought leadership and continue to grow our international client base.
– Understanding of power quality in the developing sustainability and net-zero conversation, for instance, Hydrogen production, BESS, etc. or interest in learning about and contributing to these topics is also of benefit.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such, we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities. So, if you’re an ambitious Power Systems Consultant looking to further your career with a successful business, we would love to hear from you.
About Enspec Power Ltd.
Enspec Power is a very down-to-earth culture that prizes good people, ambition, and hard work. Along with providing suggested training opportunities, Enspec is also happy to consider any training opportunities suggested by placement and employees who have their eye on specific skill development. Enspec understands the importance of team bonding and a “work hard, play hard” culture, going on many meals out with company-wide parties which can take place across the country and sometimes abroad in places like America and various countries in Europe.
Working Hours, Salary, Holidays
Working days are Monday – Friday, 8am to 4:30pm Monday – Thursday and 8am to 1:30pm on Friday, with a half-hour lunch.
Holidays include 32 days, including bank holidays.
This is a full-time position with plenty of development and progression opportunities. Up to £70,000 per annum (based on experience).