Job Title: Office Administrator; Full or Part Time
Location: St Helens, UK
Reports to: CEO and Financial Controller
Enspec Power is a 24-year-old electrical engineering firm that specialises in Power Quality and Grid Connection, bringing expertise that is both niche and technical to a vast range of clients. With our HQ and consultancy team based out of St. Helens, Manufacturing site near Newcastle, and global operations, we offer necessary services and solutions to large energy generators (Wind Farms, Solar Farms, Hydro, Nuclear) and large energy users (Mines, Datacenters, Hospitals, Treatment Centres). While we have global scale, we’re a family run business and proud that our expertise plays a vital role in the Net-Zero and green energy revolution.
As the industry continues to boom and power quality becomes an ever-important topic, paralleled by a growing team of experts and overall operations, we’re looking for a positive, detail-orientated and dependable person to join our HQ team as an Office Administrator.
We are looking for a dynamic, reliable, and pleasant team player with good communication and interpersonal skills. Ideally an individual who already has office administrative experience and has worked in a similar role previously. You will need to possess an organised nature, with the ability to multitask to join and support our fast-paced multi-disciplinary team working in a complex and challenging environment.
Working closely with the Financial Controller and CEO, this role has the potential to grow and support your career aspirations. The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the business as a whole, with a key focus to assisting within the Finance and HR Departments. Gaining key foundational skills from both department heads, with the potential of future study support in either field, the role has the capability to become a pivotal point ahead of a successful career.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following duties although this list is not exhaustive:
- Supporting the finance department i.e;
- Processing of supplier and customer invoices
- Processing of bank reconciliations
- Assisting with month-end processing
- Supporting new process improvements and implementation
- Assisting with the publication of job adverts for all departments across platforms like LinkedIn, IET and Indeed. Assisting with the filtering of candidates, arranging interviews, and organising material needed for the HR department to complete the onboarding process.
- Communicating with employees, customers, interviewees and suppliers by telephone and email.
- General Administrative support for the office and staff on site
- Creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets
- Diary organisation for Senior Team.
- Identify, highlight and support any areas of business improvements
- Note-taking and action detailing in follow-up emails to relevant parties.
- Assisting with the organisation and booking of company events, corporate meetings, client entertaining and staff training.
- Carrying out research tasks based on a brief and presenting options back to Senior Team.
- A-Level or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite incl Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience working in a fast-moving office environment
- Experience working and maintaining admin tasks on ERP Systems
- Self-motivator with the desire to learn and progress
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Trustworthiness, as some notetaking activity required may be during confidential meetings.
- Goal orientated
- Capability to working to budgets and timelines.
- Capability of working independently.
- Detail orientated
- Good people skills
- Right to work in the UK
Have an interest and passion for global activity and sustainability.
Enjoy working in a family business.
About Enspec Power Ltd.
Enspec Power is a very down-to-earth culture that prizes good people, ambition, and handwork. Along with providing suggested training opportunities, Enspec is also happy to consider any training opportunities suggested by placement and employees who have an eye on specific skill development. Enspec understands the importance of team bonding and a “work hard, play hard” culture, going on many meals out with companywide parties which can take place across the country and sometimes abroad in places like America and various counties in Europe.
Working Hours, Salary, Holidays
Working days are Monday – Friday, 8am to 4:30pm Monday – Thursday and 8am to 1:30pm on Friday, with a half-hour unpaid lunch.
Holidays include 32 days, including bank holidays.
This is a full-time position with plenty of development and progression opportunities. Salary from £22,000 – £27,000 (based on experience).
If you are an organised and detail-orientated person, with a passion for smooth business operations, then we would love to hear from you.