Job Title: Business Development Manager – Power Quality
Location: Manchester, UK
Reports to: CEO and CTO
Enspec Power is an electrical engineering firm that specialises in Power Quality and Grid Connection. We act as both a consultant, providing a full suite of power system studies and a solution provider, designing, manufacturing, and commissioning mitigating solutions, including Harmonic Filtration, Reactive Compensation and Point-on-Wave Switching. We operate heavily within the renewables market, assisting power plants with power system study requirements needed for Grid Connection Agreements and mitigating solutions when needed.
As the industry continues to boom and power quality becomes an ever-important topic, paralleled by business growth strategy and new service expansions, Enspec is looking for an ambitious full-time Business Development Manager to build relationships and help support our sales process. We’re looking for an organised, experienced, goal-orientated person to help drive and develop our LV & HV sales pipeline.
We are a leading electrical engineering firm specialising in power quality solutions for commercial and industrial applications. As experts in this field, we provide innovative and cost-effective solutions to many renewable developers, Balance of Plant Contractors, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, and large energy users including Datacentres, Manufacturers, Mines and Hospitals. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced HV Business Development Manager to join our team.
The Business Development Manager – Power Quality will be responsible for processing inbound enquiries, generating new business opportunities and expanding our presence in the high-voltage power quality sector. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of identifying and winning new business, building long-term relationships with clients, and presenting technical solutions to a high standard.
– Identify and pursue new business opportunities in the high-voltage power quality sector
– Establish and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential customers
– Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and provide technical advice to support their requirements
– Work closely with the technical team to prepare, quotes winning bids and proposals
– Attend industry events and exhibitions to promote the company’s services and expertise
– Ensure that sales targets are achieved and exceeded
– Provide regular updates to the CEO, Financial Controller and CTO on market trends, competitors, and new business opportunities
- Developing your own pipeline of work
- Visiting contacts and clients in order to better develop key client relationships
- Developing detailed proposals and quotes specific to clients and projects.
- Being an intermediary and diary organiser between the client and the appropriate director or technical lead (when needed).
- Regularly checking in and following up on quotes with potential clients.
- Bid and tender preparation.
- Updating the finance and production sheet daily, ensuring leads are driven through the pipeline to conversion. Helping the Operations Director/team plan for new work coming through the pipeline.
- Managing and reporting on the inbound pipeline.
- Nurturing leads through activities like sending relevant thought leadership across and invitations to hosted events.
- Reporting on pipeline progress weekly.
- Reporting to the marketing team and assisting in the creation of marketing collateral that will help with conversion.
- Being a “front of house” face for the company and managing the project through to hand over to the project team, giving a full overview of the sale process and facilitating an introduction to the client.
- Attending networking events to understand the industry better and build connections.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in business development within the power quality sector
- Proven track record of identifying and winning new business in the high-voltage market
- Strong technical knowledge of high-voltage electrical systems and power quality solutions
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and networking skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience keeping a CRM up to date and maximising resources available
- Goal orientated
- Detail orientated
- Good people skills
- Ensuring potential client requirements when it comes to technical information and proposal deadlines are met.
- Experience working in a sales environment in the field of electrical engineering. Able to have technical conversations to initiate the sales process.
- An ability to learn, understand and communicate technical topics.
- Right to work in the UK
- An interest in conversations including power quality, renewables, sustainability, and net zero, for instance Hydrogen production, BESS, etc. or interest in learning about and these topics.
- A full UK driver’s license is of benefit as some travelling may be involved.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits and career development opportunities. So, if you’re an ambitious HV Business Development Manager, looking to further their career with a successful business, we would love to hear from you. This role has many progression opportunities, as we form a new sales department. Entering and succeeding at this point provides a clear progression path.
About Enspec Power Ltd.
Enspec Power is a very down-to-earth culture that prizes good people, ambition, and handwork. Along with providing suggested training opportunities, Enspec is also happy to consider any training opportunities suggested by placement and employees who have their eye on specific skill development. Enspec understands the importance of team bonding and a “work hard, play hard” culture, going on many meals out with companywide parties which can take place across the country and sometimes abroad in places like America and various counties in Europe.
Working Hours, Salary, Holidays
Working days are Monday – Friday, 8am to 4:30pm Monday – Thursday and 8am to 1:30pm on Friday, with a half-hour lunch.
Holidays include 32 days, including bank holidays.
This is a full-time position with plenty of development and progression opportunities. Salary from £40,000 – £80,000+ (based on experience) + a generous, uncapped, commission structure. (More detailed conversations on commission structure breakdown will be provided to applicants who make it through to the interview process.)
If you are an ambitious and experienced Business Development Manager with a passion for providing innovative Power Quality solutions to clients, we would love to hear from you.